CJA is a new global network of people and groups committed to take the urgent actions needed to avoid catastrophic climate change.
CJA formed during the mobilisation of social movements in the run up to the COP15 UN climate talks, which took place in Copenhagen, December 2009.
To find a list of groups that are part of this network click here. To add your own group, please contact info[@]climate-justice-action.org
The network is open to individuals and groups that agree with the Networks Goals, Principles for Working Together that were agreed when CJA was formed (also see the original Call To Action).
Our Networks Goals are:
- To promote and strengthen the rights and voices of Indigenous and affected peoples (including workers) in confronting the climate crisis. To support reparations and the repayment of ecological debt to the Global South by industrialized rich countries
- To build a global movement for climate justice that encourages urgent action to avoid catastrophic climate change.
- To highlight the critical role of biodiversity in weathering the climate crisis, and to defend the existence of all species.
- To expose the roles of false and market-based climate “solutions” as well as corporate domination of climate negotiations in worsening the climate crisis.
- To advance alternatives that can provide real and just solutions to the climate crisis.
- To both sharpen our understanding of, and to address, the root social, ecological, political and economic causes of the climate crisis toward a total systemic transformation of our society.
- Our network is committed to working with respect, trust and unity towards these goals.
We agreed that our principles for working together are:
We are stronger together. We will use our common platform to coordinate our efforts and work together whilst recognizing our diversity. We are an international movement and will practice solidarity.
The network is made up of groups with diverse opinions and tactics. We will respect this diversity No members of the network will use the network to criticize or disassociate themselves from other members of the network.
The network will only make public statements that have been agreed by the network. Members for the network will not use the actions of other members to further their own aims without previous agreement.